Monday 19 April 2010

Defining Sonic Branding

I've been here before. I started 'defining' sonic branding back in 1998, have contributed to dictionaries, wrote a book and yet...here I am still refining what it is.

This is my current definition. It reflects my 2010 mindset in that:

1. It is short - just like our attention spans
2. It is plain language - I've simply had enough of corporate, middle-management, 3 letter acronym, bullshit-laden marketing speak
3. It is easy to understand - so everyone (you included) can get a grip on this stuff without having to engage too much of your brain. Heaven knows, there is too much information out there - I don't want to pollute your heads.

So here it is:

Sonic branding is: A brand's relationship with its audiences through their ears

If you have a better definition (and you may well have) let me know via Twitter @DanielMJackson

No comments:

Post a Comment